When you work with me I will help you to make impactful and sustainable changes in your life – whether it’s on the inside or outside.
I’m not a ‘fixer’ I won’t magic away your problems, what I will do is help you gain a different perspective on them, see a way out and give you tools to maintain the improvements so that they are long lasting.
A lot of the work I do is with the subconscious mind, in hypnosis. This helps sustain the change. Once something goes into this part of the mind it then becomes embedded deeply and almost impossible to un-learn.
Results You Can Expect
Here are examples of some of the results clients get from our work together:
- Clients who are depressed come away feeling more positive about life and are able to deal with down days much more effectively than before.
- People who have struggled with weight their whole lives find it so much easier to lose the pounds almost without thinking about it and are able to keep the weight off AND have a better body image in the process.
- Clients struggling with anxiety learn how to manage the panic feelings on a daily basis and gradually reduce it so that it no longer has a big affect on their lives.
- Traumatic experiences are overcome and let go of so that people can move on with their lives.
- People with low self confidence leave with a renewed sense of self, happier and more accepting.
- Clients with ‘emotional baggage’ are able to let go of it and feel optimistic about finding love again.
Some of the beliefs and principles that guide my approach to working with you include:
- We all have the potential inside us to be the person we want to be. Sometimes we need the help of a trained facilitator to help us find it.
- No one is beyond help – yes, it can be tough to let go of past experiences or long held beliefs but it can be done with the right tools.
- We all deserve to be happy – some people seem to be born lucky, as for the rest of us- we may need to work a bit harder to achieve what we want but this can make it all the more rewarding.
- Helping people to be the best version of themselves and removing any obstacles that are blocking them is something I’m passionate about. My commitment matches yours – the more you put in the more I am able to help you.
What to Expect
I put you, the client, at the centre of our session and tailor each session according to your individual needs. First, we’ll spend some time discussing your presenting issue and I’ll ask you questions about your history and background. We’ll ascertain your desired outcome and spend some time really clarifying this so that you you are getting exactly what you want from the therapy. I then use various different techniques to help you work through the problem and towards your desired goal. For example, if you are struggling with self confidence, I will select appropriate methods that fit for you to help you let go of old beliefs and patterns that are holding you back and help you move towards a stronger, more confident self. Typically, I work with my clients for 5-8 sessions depending on the nature of the work.
One of my goals is to leave people in a better state than which I found them. Some of the work we do may be challenging or painful- it’s natural to feel a bit wobbly when we look at ourselves and our feelings closely – but this is a necessary part of the healing process.
I will gently push you when I feel you are ready. It’s important for us to build a trusting relationship before we enter any deep therapy work and I make sure you feel safe and supported when we do.
It may be fun! Some of the sessions will be creative and involve imagination and play. Humour can be a wonderful tonic and as human beings we need to laugh. Where appropriate I inject some lightness into our sessions.
There are a lot of Therapists and therapies out there and it can be overwhelming deciding which one to go for.
My approach is integrative, meaning I have been trained to use a range of methods – Hypnosis, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Neuro Linguistic Programming, Psychotherapy and Counselling skills. Because I use all of these approaches I am able to try out various ways of working to find what works best for you and often use a combination of all of them to achieve the best results. My approach is down to earth, supportive and honest. I also offer a free phone consultation so you can get a feel for how I work before you commit to a session decide if I’m the right therapist for you.